Scope of the contract
The future Cherpines eco-district, which straddles the communes of Confignon and Plan-les-Ouates, will provide 3,700 new homes, 2,500 jobs and 2,200 parking spaces on a 58-hectare site by 2030. The Office de l’urbanisme commissioned mobilidée to study an overall concept for mobility, with the aim of achieving 0.6 parking spaces per 100 m2 of floor space.
To develop its range of solutions, mobilidée analysed the concepts of similar-sized eco-districts in Switzerland and Europe. Their implementation will take place between 2019 and 2031 and will be financed jointly by the developers, local authorities and residents.
- Centrale Mobilité (information, advice and support centre)
- Car-sharing system and long-term rental offers
- Fleet of bicycles (muscle, electric, cargo)
- Home delivery lockers in the centre of the district
- Co-working space
- Application of mobility criteria for housing allocation
- Shared parking management
- Dedicated communications (own identity, mobility kit, discount vouchers, campaigns and meetings, ambassadors)
Commune of Plan-les-Ouates
Commune of Confignon
Local residents and neighbours
Project in progress